We are professional home inspectors in the Halifax Regional Municipality, also called the HRM locally, and we have been helping home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals assess the true condition of a home for more than twenty years. We strive to provide only the best home inspections possible, and this is why our customers trust our knowledge and experience. We value this trust very highly, and we believe that clarity about the home’s condition greatly reduces the stress of making the buying decision, and often saves our clients a lot of money.
Highly Regarded Industry Leader
- We are highly regarded leaders in the home inspection industry, and we are considered to be one of the best in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Our experience extends to more than eight thousand home inspections, and covers all types and ages of homes.
We are chosen at times by the real estate industry to conduct Continuing Education Courses, so that real estate agents gain an understanding of the home inspection process and learn how to more accurately assess a home’s condition.
Professional Home Inspection Services
We focus closely on our general home inspection practice, but we also have associations with many other skilled professionals that provide specialized advice, such as well water, septic, radon and environmental testing, that may be required on occasion.
Our services are very thorough and friendly, and we are pleased to take the time to answer any questions that may come up. We encourage our customers to be present at the home inspection, so that they see first hand the points of interest raised by our report.
The home inspector will typically spend between three and four hours performing a complete inspection. Once this is finished a detailed report and photos will be provided on site, in a convenient binder that makes it easy to access and store these documents. Areas of concern will be photographed, so that our customers also have a helpful visual record.
An Involved Community Member
As the local Halifax Regional Municipality home inspector, Brian Hutchinson has many ties to the local community. Brian has lived in the area for more than fifty-seven years, and is very familiar with the local housing stock.
- Brian Hutchinson is a Registered Home Inspector (RHI) with the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors, and currently serves as Past President of CAHPI’s Atlantic Chapter as well as Treasurer of CAHPI National.
- He is also a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors where he has been awarded the designation of ACI (ASHI Certified Inspector).
- He is National Certificate Holder #00153
- Brian also teaches Continuing Education Courses for real estate agents.
Positive Client Feedback
The feedback that our clients have provided helps to show why we are considered one of the top home inspection services. Customers have commented on the thorough and friendly service they receive, and have responded favorably to the knowledge and experience that the home inspector brings to the site. You can view Brian’s customer reviews at the third party review service:
The detailed report, photographs, and convenient binder are also frequently mentioned as a positive experience for our customers. The report is easy to read and understand, and contains hundreds of details concerning the condition of the home. The pictures make it easier for customers to understand the inspection results. Our customers appreciate the time we spend being thorough and complete, and the flexibility that we offer in scheduling a home inspection on a short notice.